Monday, December 7, 2009

The Castle Cake


Sadie's favorite flavor (as far as we can tell) is strawberry. So I made her a strawberry castle cake for the big party Sunday. I actually ended up making 2 strawberry and 2 vanilla cake mixes and swirled them into the four cakes.


This was cake #1. Easy enough. Total time for this cake was 40 minutes from start to finish. Just 3 more to go!



This is the "cake" part trimmed up and glue together with icing. Easy enough. Now onto the castle pillars!





I glue ice cream cones together with white chocolate and then glued the sugar cones on top with white chocolate. Craig helped with the chocolate (of course!) and then put the pink sprinkles on for me. We actually had a lot of fun doing these.




Here is the final castle pillar after I finished the decorating on Sunday. The turned out pretty good I though. The pink was a lot brighter that I thought it would be.






The castle cake. I had a blast making this thing. Hopefully one of my girls will want another one in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment