Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ashlei Ann Matthews

There are some people in our lives that have such a profound effect on us that we don't even realize that they are the reason for where we are today. That one person that enters your life in such and innocent way and completely redirects you towards your future and destinany that you didn't even know you had. Everyone has people like this in thier lives. Today, I celebrate one of my precious, wonderful and gracious people. My Ashlei. I didn't meet her until the summer of 1997. She and I were chosen randomly to become roommates our freshmen year in college. Little did I know that God would put us together to have her completely change my pathway in life. I owe my husband, children, and most everything that I have in my life now to this woman. She introduced me to Craig on sort of a whim. (Drew helped, but hey this isn't his day.) And within a 10 year time span we've accumulated 4 children, a warm home and a ton of other accomplishments that don't even need mentioning. She's been there for me through awful times, sad times, and the best of times. We've stood up for eachother at weddings and at funerals. We've been there for eachother through childbirth and raising the littel rascals. She' the reason I'm here today. Doing what I'm doing. Literally. I'm writing this because of her. See, it's Ashlei's birthday. And she deserves to be celebrated...have a blog written all about her. Happy birthday my dear sweet friend. I wish you the happiest and joyful day possible today and everyday!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being my best friend...the one I share my greatest joys with or the one I call when everything is going wrong. You are my sister from another mister!

    ReplyDelete