Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Is it too late to apologize?

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone and everyone that I was around as a teenager. My lovely and wonderful daughter is showing me what I must have been like as one. Moody. Snappy. Bursting into tears for ABSOLUTELY no reason at all! I'm sure that this is normal though. Right? All, or at least most, teenagers are moody and irritable. Shouldn't they make a pill for this or something. Not for them, but for the parents. A coping mechanism?!?! It's very frustrating. I probably owe the biggest apology to my parents. Although my brother would say that I owe it to him I'm sure. =)Raising my own kids has made me aware of all the mistakes that I remember making as a kid. Or the way too many times that I didn't pick up my shoes or actually put away my laundry instead of stuffing it under my bed. All the times that I was upset about stupid things. Like Guess jeans. (Long story) The stupid and petty fights with my parents over nothing at all. I love my kids greatly. Just like my parents love me. They made it through the teens years. I'm sure that I will too. I'm just not looking forward to it...

1 comment:

  1. amen, sister! I feel the same way about how I acted. Life has a way of teaching us interesting lessons, doesn't it? Hang in there! I know you're a great mama.

    ReplyDelete