Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Birthday present or work??

So..it's my birthday. I didn't start off with that to beg for any well wishes or anything. It totally has to do with this entire post. I promise. This weekend we went to my mom's to celebrate my birthday and my brother's birthday. I get to mention mine first because...well I'm older. Good enough reason. Anyway...on the way to my mom's Craig and I decided to go look at bedroom furniture. We've been talking for a month or so about "redoing" our room. At first that meant new furniture...ONLY. But as of last night I have new paint sitting on my backporch floor. New furniture to arrive on Friday March 5th and numerous new bed linens saved on my computer favorites for Craig to choose from when he gets home. This new furniture is my "birthday present" so to speak. Currently we have a king sized waterbed. Those that have owned waterbeds previous to a regular bed know how much of a pain it is to drain, disassemble and get rid of a waterbed. We are now t-minus 10 days until the bed must be taken down, other furniture removed, drawers cleaned out and walls painted before my new furniture arrives. Quite an undertaking. Certainly not what this project consisted of just a month ago. But isn't that how all things go. I'll post pictures as we go along. Should be a fun time....right??

No comments:

Post a Comment