Monday, August 24, 2009


So last night had an interesting twist to it. There is a little boy that moved into our neighborhood a couple of months ago named Colby. For some unknown reason him and Cody don't mesh well. He has ridden his bike to our house just to bite or hit Cody and then go back home. Well, last night must have been the last straw for Cody. According to Cody, this little boy was riding his bike on the street and calling Cody stupid. Cody told him to stop but he wouldn't listen. So what does a little Jones boy do in a situation like this?? They throw a rock at them of course! WHAT!?!? As a disclaimer I did not witness any of these actions. Pretty soon this boy and his grandpa came walking down the street to our house. His grandpa showed me Colby's arm and said Cody did it. I found Cody and he admitted it and had to apologize. During that time Cody didn't get to mention that Colby had been calling him stupid. Now he's grounded for 1 week. The more I think and mull this over I'm wondering if a week is too long of a punishment. Was Cody just defending himself? I want him to know that it's okay to stand up for himself, but don't throw rocks at people...please. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment